Monday, April 13, 2009

Hoppy 1 Day After Easter!

I was so distracted by my very own Easter bunny, aka Sir Hops Alot, that I almost forgot to post these yummy cookie bars that I made for my co-workers. And yes, I did name my rabbit Sir Hops Alot. Go ahead, I'll give you a couple of minutes to have a good laugh...


Now back to these cookies or should I say cookie bars. I'd like to thank whomever thought to put sugar cookie dough into a cookie sheet and make these seriously wonderful treats. Lately over on Tastespotting I'd been seeing pictures of sugar cookie bars showing up. So I pulled out my recipes and found my sugar cookie dough. Since it looked like many people were spreading their dough onto a cookie sheet I did have to double the recipe, which I have already doubled at the bottom. So totally worth it!




Sugar Cookie Bars
1 cup of butter (I used unsalted) softened
1 1/2 cups of sugar
4 eggs
3 tsp. of vanilla
5 cups of flour
(plus a little extra to help keep your fingers from sticking as you press the dough into the pan)
1 tsp. of salt
1/2 tsp. of baking soda
-Preheat oven to 375 F.
-In a large bowl, cream your butter and sugar together.
-Add each egg one at a time, mixing between each addition.
-Add vanilla, mix, and set aside.
-In a medium bowl combine your flour, salt, and baking soda. Make sure to give it a little whisk.
-Gradually add your dry mixture to your butter and sugar mixture until all the flour is incorporated.
-Grease your cookie sheet (13x18) and spread dough out onto it. Use your hands and a little bit of flour to pat it down evenly in the pan.
-Bake for about 12-15 minutes. (Mine took about 15 minutes.)
-Once they've cooled you can cut them into any shape and frost with whatever frosting you love. (I made a basic powdered sugar buttercream frosting and then sprinkled with large colored crystal sugar. Mmmm :) )


Stay tuned for my next baking adventure!



Pin It

No comments: