Monday, August 22, 2011

Giving Thanks for the END of the First Trimester with some Chocolate Crinkles!

*sigh with relief*
As my first trimester ended that is what I felt. Relief. Followed quickly by "mmm where's a cheeseburger?" 
LOL :)
Quite frankly I'm not sure what I would have done if there had been all day puking instead of all day nausea. Probably would've walked around with one of those grain feed bags attached to me just in case there wasn't a garbage can near. 
You know, like the kind that horses use.
And so now that you have that glorious image in your head, here are the delicious chocolate crinkles I made to celebrate the end of nausea. Yea!!


Chocolate Crinkles
(adapted from Babble)
makes about 2 dozen

1 1/3 cups of flour (I used white whole wheat pastry flour)
1/2 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of cocoa powder (I used Hershey's Special Dark)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 cup softened butter (I've used plain non-fat yogurt)
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
powdered sugar for rolling

1. Preheat your oven to 350. Line your cookie sheets with non-stick foil or silpats, if you have them. And put some powdered sugar in a small shallow dish, set aside.
2. Mix together the flour, sugars, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
3. Add your softened butter (or yogurt) and mix until combined.
4. Add your eggs and vanilla. After this point I use my hands to mix it the rest of the way.
5. Roll your dough into balls about the size of a ping pong ball. Roll each one in the powdered sugar and place on the baking sheets.
6. Bake for about 10-12 mins. You want the cookie to be set around the edges, but still soft and fudgy in the middle. Yum :)
7. Cool on cookie racks and enjoy! Or if you're like me you'll grab a glass of cold milk and eat them fresh out of the oven :)


Stay tuned for my next baking adventure :)


Pin It

No comments: