"I'm hungry. Feed me."
Tomato Feta Pasta
1/2 box of Barilla whole wheat rotini
1 8oz. can of tomato sauce
1/2 large red onion, chopped up
1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 large tomato, cut into chunks
1/2 cup red wine
1 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
dash of garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
feta cheese crumbles
1. Cook your pasta. You can really use whatever kind is your favorite. I love the taste of whole wheat pasta, so that's what I use.
2. Drain the pasta and set aside.
3. In the pot you used for the pasta, sprinkle in some olive oil and turn to medium heat.
4. Add the onions and saute for about 5 minutes.
5. Now add your garlic and saute for another minute.
6. Add the tomatoes and let cook until they are tender.
7. Add your can of sauce, wine, and seasonings. You can adjust the seasoning amounts to fit your taste buds.
8. Cook until the sauce starts to lightly bubble and then remove from heat.
9. Add your pasta to the sauce and mix together.
10. Serve up into your favorite bowls and top with feta or whatever your favorite cheese may be.
11. Enjoy with a glass of wine :)
This dish is so easy and you can add all sorts of veggies or even meats to it. Kale or mushrooms would be really great in this pasta. Or if you love meat, maybe some spicy sausage. Enjoy! And stay tuned for my next baking/cooking adventure!