Where did December go?! Seriously! And now January is almost over. So it's time to get my butt back into baking gear! I decided to make lemon bars, but then completely forgot to take ANY pictures. WHAT?! Oh well. I guarantee that minus the pictures, this recipe will make some of the best lemon bars you've ever had.
2 cups of flour
1 cup of softened butter (2 sticks)
1/2 cup of powdered sugar
2 cups of sugar
dash of salt
5 Tablespoons of lemon juice (juice of 2 large lemons or 3 small)
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/4 cup of flour
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
2. Combine flour, butter, and powdered sugar.
3. Mix thoroughly and press into ungreased 13x9 pan. Bake for about 20 minutes until it looks golden brown.
4. Meanwhile, mix eggs, sugar, salt, and lemon juice.
5. Fold in 1/4 cup of flour and baking powder.
6. Pour the lemon mixture onto hot crust.
7. Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
8. Let cool and sprinkle powdered sugar onto bars.
9. Cut into squares or eat straight from the pan with a fork and enjoy :)
Stay tuned for my next baking adventure :)